Roseau, Dominica – (November 1, 2013)
As a member of the Caribbean Tourism Organization (CTO), Dominica will join the rest of the Caribbean in celebrating Caribbean Tourism Month (CTM) in November. This year the month is celebrated under the theme ‘One Sea, One Voice, One Caribbean’.
The objectives of Caribbean Tourism Month are:
- to raise awareness among Caribbean people of the importance of tourism in the Caribbean,
- to enhance the profile of the Caribbean tourism sector in the marketplace,
- to reflect on the invaluable impact of tourism on the economic, social and cultural wellbeing in the Caribbean,
- to attract positive media coverage for and of the Caribbean and the local tourism product and;
- to celebrate the diversity of what the Caribbean offers.
To commemorate the start of the month, Honorable Ian Douglas, Minister for Tourism will deliver an address to the nation.
Other activities for the month will include discussions on the ‘Talking Tourism’ radio program and presentations on tourism are expected to be made at pre-schools, as we strongly believe it is important to learn and understand the positive impacts of tourism in Dominica at an early age.
In addition, DDA encourages tourism service providers to offer locals and visitors the opportunity to experience their services at special rates during the months’ observance.
For more information on Dominica, contact Discover Dominica Authority at 767 448 2045. Or, visit Dominica’s official website: www.discoverdominica.com or follow Dominica on Twitter and Facebook and take a look at our videos on YouTube.